In relation to a weight loss award for a new natural hunger suppressant (clinically proven to significantly reduce body fat over extended periods of time… without extra exercise or forced dieting)…
I’ll be in-and-around Atlanta Georgia for the month of September conducting field research to build up an audience profile for the product, yet to be released to the public.
Full details forthcoming…
But in essence, this applies from a product launch / marketing perspective to any mass consumer market.
- Conducting interviews (recorded on the brilliant new Sony ICD SX 1000 voice recorder)
- Building interviewee profiles to capture their unique ‘strategy’ for losing (gaining or keeping) weight
- Forming personas from the similarities and differences that emerge
- Building empathy maps useable for storyboarding ideal product launch programs
- Compiling product and competitor insight notes
- Producing a storyboard or copy platform
- Writing direct response copy
And handing over the finished copy to my client.
Key here is that I’m not just doing desk research… certainly not just doing some pie in the sky brainstorming as I know many creative ad agencies allow their art directors and copywriters to do.
No, not me.
As a direct response copywriter I get knee deep in the thick of my clients markets to really understand their fears, frustrations and desires.
So I can actually SELL clients products in the most effective way possible.
…While adding maximum informational value to the customers within the ads themselves.
…Combining salesmanship with value-adding content to build a responsive customer base.
To find out how to conduct this kind of insight research and how to select a good copywriter, explore the site and download a copy of my whitepaper: The crucial link between your marketing success and your copywriter selection process.