Some of the results I’ve obtained with Search Engine Optimisation, and a white paper I wrote on SEO for an Ad Agency client.
My old clients new site www.loan.co.uk went live 20 July 07 for which I was contracted to manage SEO. (The old site was purely used for PPC with very little organic listings.)
I guided some of the site design to better perform for conversions, and was in full control of SEO development. This is a very lucrative website owned by the largest independent loan brokerage in the UK.
2 and a half months after the new site launched: 24 September 2007 (the week I stopped working for them) the home page ranked at position 4 in Google for the word ?loan?, before in fact moving up to position 3.
Click here to see a screenshot of position 3.
But without my input, it slowly dropped back down the rankings.
And for any smart ass skeptics, no the position was not due to the word ‘loan’ being in the domain itself, demonstrated by this screen shot taken 7 months after my contract with the company ended showing they are at position 19. (Without my ongoing guidance, or pursuing my recommendations, the ranking naturally drops in favor of other more active websites).
Another example is this position 2:
My Australian client living in Thailand at the time hit the number 2 spot for the term ‘online advertising agency’ for his old company back in mid 2006…
Below is a letter of thanks received from Daniel Lew in Thailand for the consultancy work I did with him whilst I was traveling Thailand in 2006.
Daniel Lew is CEO of Pay4Advertising which at the time of this writing ranks number 2 in the world for Google search results under the term ‘Online Advertising Agency’.
Daniel Lew is himself a web designer and search engine optimizer, and runs several world-wide business-and-search directories including Thailand-Search.com with clients for web design, SEO, etc.
Here’s what he said Aug 06 about my work with him up to that point.
I need to write to tell you that I can’t thank you enough for all the online marketing tools and strategies you provided me with in order to really be noticed in this highly competitive Search Engine Placement and Online Advertizing industry.
Something you don’t know is that I have already been in the advertising and online business for 12 years. Seeking some profitable guidance from leading experts in SEO and highly useful marketing strategies is when I came across you and very quickly I started to benefit from your unique online marketing system.
I am seeing some amazing SEO results, not to mention being on the first page of Google under so many useful keywords that relate to my website and sites that I have put together for my customers. Along with the ever increasing amount of enquiries with an online business that is really profitting in such a short time.
Here are a list of 2 recent customers websites which have benefited from SEO as a result of what you have shown me.
tourthai2000.com Google ranks: tour thai – 1st page, thailand holiday tour – 1st page, thailand travel agent – 2nd page, thailand travel tour – 2nd page, pleasure holiday – 1st page
condobangkok.com Google ranks: bangkok condominiums 1st page, condominiums bangkok 1st page, thailand real estate 2nd page.
Your tips on keyword software, anchor text tips, external link building tips, high PR level building and much more you advised me on I’ve used to get some awesome results and without this I dont know how I would have succeeded.
I also wanted to give you a personal thankyou for the idea of rebranding my identity that was also in the pipeline, and the choice of domain name that was going to most suit.
I cannot thank you enough for the guidance leading to my success.
Daniel Lew (Director)
Online Advertising Agency
PS. You can certainly expect to see me as a long term client.
Daniel can be contacted as a reference.
Tools I have used and recommend for consideration if you want to do your own SEO:
- SEO Elite
- SEO Moz
- Bring The Fresh
SEO White Paper
Search engine optimisation white paper authored by me, details my views of SEO as of 2007, covering the first decade of the SEO industries evolution.
Still very relevant today, this white paper ‘cuts through some of the smoke and mirrors’ surrounding SEO, and whilst a little complex, exposes the genuine complexity and considerations that good SEO must consider.
I actually wrote this for an old client, with a 3 day deadline. So whilst it’s pretty darn good, it was never 100% polished or edited.
It got my client (Fuel-It Marketing Agency) an appointment with a prospect. I then presented to the board along with the Marketing Director of the Agency, and we won the contract to deliver a Search Engine Optimisation package totalling multiple thousands of pounds.
I offer the White Paper here simply to give you a leading edge when selecting an SEO agency or consultant.
- Web Directories
- Distribution services
- News wires such as www.onlineprnews.com/compare-press-releases
- Article directories such as ezinearticles.com
- RSS Feed Directories
- Social profile sites such as Squidoo, Hubpages, Webpaint.
Whilst SEO is quite basic to me now, I can provie an SEO management service where I will direct some outsource freelancers that I trust, and guide them in providing you the SEO results you are looking for.
Here is part of a promotion for an SEO service that I received as spam email from an Indian outsource company looking for my business (despite being sent as spam, it’s a good read and makes a good point)…
Using these simple questions you can evaluate your true SEO oriented costs, in both money and time, for search engine optimization and search engine marketing on your websites.
As you go through each of these questions, be sure you actually write down some figures and get your totals as close as you can. Having this knowledge will make this an easy decision for you.
1. How many hours do you spend on your websites, trying to generate traffic through Search Engine Optimization?
2. How much money do you spend to get SEO done on your site?
3. How many hours do you spend creating strategic plans for getting traffic to your site?
4. How many hours do you spend on keyword research for your website?
5. How much money do you spend on various keyword research software?
6. How much time do you spend submitting your websites to directories, search engines, and networks?
7. How many hours do you spend getting links to your website?
8. How much money do you spend on the purchase of linking software?
9. How much money do you spend on purchasing one way links to your website?
10. How much time do you spend on building blogs?
11. How many hours do you spend creating pages in social networks and social media sites?
12. How much time do you spend on Pay Per Click / Ad words / Pay Per Post / Contextual Advertising campaigns?
13. How much time do you spend learning marketing techniques for generating website traffic which attracts visitors in your niche?
14. Home much time do you spend on maintaining the campaigns?
15. How much time do you spend on checking and analyzing the effectiveness of the tools you use for generating visitors to your website?
16. How much time do you spend listening to audios on internet marketing techniques?
17. How much time do you spend watching videos on internet marketing techniques?
18. How much time do you spend reading blogs about internet marketing techniques?
19. How much time do you spend reading sites about internet marketing news?
20. How much time to you spend reading e-books about internet marketing news?
21. How much money do you spend on memberships and clubs about internet marketing every month?
22. How much money do you spend on internet marketing software every month?
So, now you’ve got the answer to your BIG question: Do YOU need SEO service?
Just add up all the time and dollars you need to secure your business’ success, and it comes out to a pretty hefty figure, doesn’t it?
All of a sudden you can see that this “SEO investment” idea could well be the most profitable money making concept you’ll come up with this year.
OUR COSTS and GUARANTEE
So you’ve got to wondering: “What’s THIS MUCH service is going to COST me?”
Having access to some of the top experts in the field, with all the knowledge they already possess, can’t come cheap . . . can it?
That would depend on a couple of things . . .
And you need to be brutally honest with yourself right now.
How much is doing ALL this stuff on your own costing you in traffic you’re NOT getting right now. . . and just how much of your life is washing away under the bridge, while you’re spending hour after hour . . . trying to figure out how what to do next?
You know you can’t get back lost revenues or time.
Ok it’s Gavriel here again. That wasn’t bad for a spam email right? Actually I know who sent me that, he stole my contact details from a company he was working for that I was outsourcing some work to last year.
The point is, you have to be careful about SEO services, and that’s what I can help you with through my UK based SEO consultancy and management service. I outsource SEO to companies and I know who to go to for best results. Contact me, or check out a company I can recommend: Love Clients.
SEO Performance Measurement suggested by eConsultancy
- Average position in natural or paid listings.
- Click volume referred from search.
- Click quality (conversion rates and ideally bounce rates to compare landing page effectiveness).
- Outcomes (sales, registrations or leads).
- Costs (CPC and CPA).
- Profitability (based on cost of sale on lifetime value models).
What I suggest is that you first read my Search Engine Optimisation White Paper. Then contact me.